By selecting the Telemedicine group of bundled services you have taken a great step toward managing your healthcare costs.Telemedicine provides:
- Access to a licensed physician 24/7 through Teladoc,
- Advocacy and support for high-dollar claims through Innovative Medical Risk Management, Inc.,
- Discounts on eyeglass lenses, frames and contact lenses through Davis Vision, and
- Information about staying healthy through fitness and nutrition through www.ihcbesthealth.com.
What is Teladoc?
Teladoc connects you 24/7/365 to a national network of board-certified doctors who average 15 years’ experience. Within minutes, a doctor will call you back ready to listen and resolve your issue. If medically necessary, a prescription will be sent to your pharmacy of choice. Teladoc does not replace your primary care physician. It is a convenient and affordable option for quality care. A low fee of $15 applies to each physician consultation.
How do I set up my Teladoc account?
- Log in at https://member2.teladoc.com/registration.
- Enter your name and date of birth.
- Click “No” when asked if you have a username.
- Select “I have a Teladoc Promo or Company Code.”
- Enter the Company Code “IHC.”
- Complete your Medical History Disclosure
If you do not have access to a computer contact Teladoc at (800)835-2362.
What conditions can Teladoc treat?
Teladoc doctors can treat many medical conditions, including:
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Urinary tract infection
- Sinus problems
- Skin problems
- Respiratory infections
- And more!
Teladoc vs. ER or Urgent Care
Rather than driving to the emergency room or Urgent Care clinic, simply request a consultation from work or home. With Teladoc, the average time to wait for a doctor to return your call is 16 minutes. In the ER or Urgent Care office, the wait time could be hours. The ER and Urgent Care are both charge high consultation fees while Teladoc is a much more affordable option.
All Teladoc doctors:
- Are practicing PCPs, pediatricians, and family medicine physicians
- Average 15 years’ experience
- Are U.S. board-certified and licensed in your state
- Are credentialed every three years, meeting NCQA (National Committee for Quality Assurance) standards
When should Teladoc be used?
- When you need care now
- If you’re considering the ER or urgent care center for a nonemergency issue
- On vacation, on a business trip, or away from home
- For short-term prescription refills
What is the process to use Teladoc for the first time?
- Set-up an account with Teladoc using the instructions above.
- Request a consult. Once your account is set up, request a consult anytime you need care.
- Provide medical history. Your medical history provides Teladoc doctors with the information they need to make an accurate diagnosis.
- Online: Log into Teladoc.com and click “My Medical History”.
- Mobile app: Log in to your account and complete the “My Health Record” section. Visit Teladoc.com/mobile to download the app.
- Call Teladoc: Teladoc can help you complete your medical history over the phone.
© 2015 Teladoc, Inc. All rights reserved. Teladoc and the Teladoc logo are trademarks of Teladoc, Inc. and may not be used without written permission. Teladoc does not replace the primary care physician. Teladoc does not guarantee that a prescription will be written. Teladoc operates subject to state regulation and may not be available in certain states. Teladoc does not prescribe DEA-controlled substances, nontherapeutic drugs and certain other drugs which may be harmful because of their potential for abuse. Teladoc physicians reserve the right to deny care for potential misuse of services. Teladoc phone consultations are available 24 hours, 7 days a week while video consultations are available during the hours of 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., 7 days a week.
Innovative Medical Risk Management, Inc.
If you experience large out-of-pocket medical expenses, out-of-network charges or expensive prescription drugs, contact a Patient Advocate from Innovative Medical Risk Management, Inc. (IMRM) at 855-622-4299. Their dedicated staff can negotiate on your behalf in an effort to reduce your balance bill.
Clear Vision discount program
Davis Vision is pleased to provide you with a no-cost, traditional vision discount program that includes discounts on eye exams, lenses, frames and additional eyewear options when you visit a participating provider.
- A 15 percent discount on a comprehensive eye examination
- Substantial and verifiable savings on all eyewear needs
- Significant savings on contact lens replacement through the mail-order program
- Access to Davis Vision’s Laser Vision Correction program that provides up to 25 percent off usual and customary fees or a five percent discount off a center’s advertised special through a network of physicians affiliated with the Eye Centers of Excellence
To find a participating provider contact Davis Vision at 1-888-897-9347 or log on at www.davisvision.com and select “Find a Provider.” Be sure to use control code 7619. If you need additional assistance, contact Davis Vision Customer Service at 1-877-923-2847 and enter control code 7619 when prompted.